Welcome to NissanConnect
You are not travelling alone in this journey. We are travelling with you to keep your ride smooth and safe!
We may collect the following personally identifiable information about you:
- Section 43A of the Information Technology Act, 2000 (“IT Act”);
- Rule 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (“SPDI Rules”); and
- Rule 3(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
- What information We collect;
- How We collect and use that information;
- How You can provide information selectively, and how You can access and update this information; and
- How We process, share and protect Your information.
2. Information Collected and Method of Collection
2.1 We collect the following types of information about You, both through offline documentation that You may fill, as well as when You use Our Application: User Information, Demographic Information, Behavioural Information, and Indirect Information, (as defined below, and collectively, “Information”).
2.2 We collect Your Information either directly from You through offline forms, the Application or indirectly by using different technologies.
2.3 In order to avail of or use Our Services, You are required to provide Us with Your details, including but not limited to: Your name, KYC Documentation, email address, mobile number, gender, birthdate, country of residence, user name created by You, travel information, trip and event details, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), Unique Device Identifier (UDID), embedded SIM ID, car model, serial number, and name, phone number, email address of Your emergency contact person, any community discussions (collectively, “User Information”).
2.4 We may collect from You, information which is not unique to You and refers to selected population characteristics (“Demographic Information”) including age, gender and current location details using global positioning system on a real time basis.
2.5 We may also collect information about how You use the Application and information about Your Smartphone and software including usage statistics, traffic data, Your IP address, browser and operating system type, domain names, access times, locations, Your previous transactions, payment and browsing history, status of the Vehicle (such as battery levels, fuel levels, etc.), operation history, diagnostic data of Vehicle’s systems and parts (“Behavioural Information”). We will also, as part of Behavioural Information, collect details of navigation system behaviour (such as trip stop and start location and time), Your driving pattern (such as braking, longitudinal and transversal acceleration and turning details such speed and time frame of the manoeuvre, amount of driving (in km/time) without taking breaks, smoothness of driving), vehicle probe information or floating car data (such as speed, direction of travel, etc.) using Your Smartphone and/or the Device.
2.6 Your use of certain third party services on the Application also requires Us to collect such information as is considered necessary for that purpose (“Indirect Information”).
2.7 While We may collect Demographic Information, Behavioural Information and Indirect Information when You access or use Our Application, We collect User Information only from You with Your prior consent. If You integrate Your Account with Your account on any social media platforms, We may collect Your user ID or user name and any other information You have permitted the social media platforms to share with Us specifically or any other third party. You also consent to Us collecting information You have made publicly available through the social media platforms.
2.8 The IT Act and the SPDI Rules regulate the collection, usage, retention and disclosure of personal information, which is defined under the SPDI Rules as any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available to a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person (“Personal Information”).
2.9 The SPDI Rules further define “Sensitive Personal Data or Information” (“SPDI”) of a person as Personal Information about that person relating to:
- financial information such as details of bank accounts, credit cards, debit cards or other payment instrument;
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- biometric information;
- any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to the body corporate for providing services; and
- any of the information received under the above clauses by a body corporate for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
2.10 Some of the Information collected by Us may qualify as Personal Information.
2.12 Further, You confirm that You have all rights to provide contact details of the third party who You have nominated as Your emergency contact person and have obtained their consent for the same.
2.13 In the event of a change in the law applicable to data protection in India, You hereby expressly consent to Our continued use, storage, collection and disclosure of Your Information including Personal Information to the fullest extent permitted under such applicable law. We may reach out to You for obtaining additional consents and approvals as required under the amended law and You will be required to comply with such requests. Should You choose to not provide Us with such additional consents and approvals, We may have to discontinue provision of Our Services to You.
2.14 You may choose to not provide Us with or withdraw any or all information included under Personal Information, but in the event that You do so, We will be unable to provide You with Our Services.
3. Use of Information
3.1 We use Your Information for the following purposes:
- To operate and improve the Application in order to foster a positive user experience and to improve Our business as a whole including by benchmarking Our Services against those of Our competitors;
- Analysing data, tracking trends, building algorithms, creating databases for rating systems, recommendations engines, etc.;
- For non-targeting reasons such as frequency capping, compliance, billing, ad reporting or delivery, market research or product development purposes; ;and
- To conduct audits and quality assessment procedures; and
- To analyse the use of Our resources, troubleshooting problems and improving Our Services, by using the information regarding Your Smartphone and software.
3.2. In addition to the above, We also use Your Information including Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide Services to You and to raise invoices for the same;
- To comply with applicable law;
- Contacting You for offering new products or Services or for requesting You to return the Device or the SIM;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of Our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law;
- To respond to any queries that You may have, and to communicate information to You, including notifications of any promotions or alerts, any updates to the Application, or the introduction of any additional future fees or charges that We may collect at the time for the provision of Our Services to You;
- To gauge interest and value for each Service;
- To contact You from time to time to time to require Your participation in surveys and interviews regarding the Services; or
- To contact You from time to time to record Your valuable feedback on Our Services, as they currently stand, and/or any potential Services that may be offered in the future.;
(Collectively, the above constitute “the Purposes”).
3.3 If You wish to opt out of receiving non-essential communications such as promotional marketing-related information regarding the Services, You may do so under the ‘Settings’ tab on Your Account page.
4. Disclosure of the Information
4.1 We disclose Your Information including Personal Information, as the case may be to third parties in the manner specified below:
- Disclosing Your Information and Personal Information to companies and individuals who are authorised by Us to perform certain functions in relation to the Services, including Our third party service providers;
- Sharing Your Information and Personal Information with Our partners, affiliates, investors, stakeholders or potential associates, so that they too may understand how users use Our Application, and enable Us to create a better overall experience for You;
- We also share aggregated anonymous information about You with partners, other Application users, and other third parties for the purpose of improving Our Application;
- We will disclose Your Information including Personal Information to the mobile network operators and other entities providing the SIM to enable provision of the Services;
- We may disclose and transfer Your Information including Personal Information to a third party who acquires or invests, or may potentially acquire or invest in, Our business, whether such acquisition/investment is by way of a merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of Our assets;
- We may transfer Information including Personal Information to a third party, including persons outside India, to improve the Services; and
- We will disclose Your Information including Personal Information if legally required to do so, pursuant to an order from a governmental entity or in good faith. We will disclose the Information to:
- Conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
- Protect Our rights or property;
- Prevent a crime or protect national security; or
- Protect the personal safety of users or the public.
- Our group companies, associates, affiliates or related entities;
- Any of Our agents, contractors or third party service providers and their affiliates, successors and assigns that process or will be processing Your Information, on Our behalf, including but not limited to those which provide administrative or other services to Us such as mailing houses, telecommunication companies, information technology companies and data centres; and
- Third parties, such as service providers, to whom disclosure by Us is for one or more of the Purposes and such third parties would in turn be collecting and processing Your Information including Personal Information for one or more of the Purposes.
Such third parties may include:
4.3 Further, You agree and acknowledge that Your Information may be transferred, stored and processed outside India.
5. Third Party Services
5.1 The Application may include third party services (“Third Party Services”). We have no control over such Third Party Services, which are provided by persons or companies other than Us. You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for any collection or disclosure of Your information by such companies or persons thereof.
5.2 You further acknowledge and agree that We are not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by You as a result of the collection and/or disclosure of Your information via Third Party Services. We shall not be liable for any disputes arising from or in connection with such transactions between You and the aforementioned third parties.
6. Changes to Your Information
6.1 You may review, correct, update, or change Your Personal Information on the Application. Log into Your Account and You will be able to access and update Your Personal Information.
6.2 You may also delete any part of the Personal Information or request Us to delete Your Personal Information, and We will comply with such requests within a reasonable time, unless We are required to keep certain information for legal purposes.
6.3 Should You choose to delete Your Personal Information, or modify it in a way that is not verifiable by Us, or leads to such Personal Information being incorrect, We will be unable to provide You with Our Services, as described under the Terms of Service, and such a deletion or modification may be regarded as the user seeking to discontinue receipt of Our Services.
6.4 We reserve the right to verify and authenticate Your identity and Your Personal Information in order to ensure accurate delivery of Services.
6.5 Access to, or correction, updating or deletion of Your Personal Information may be denied or limited by Us if it would violate another person’s rights and/or is not otherwise permitted by applicable law.
7. Security of Your Information
- We endeavour to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to protect Your Information against loss, misuse, copying, damage or modification and unauthorized access or disclosure. Some of the security measures adopted by Us are: [CAM Note: Please confirm the below.
- We review Our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems; and
- We restrict access to Personal Information, to Our employees, agents and service providers who need to know that information in order to process it for Us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations, and may be disciplined or whose relationship with Us may terminate if they fail to meet these obligations.
7.1 No employee or administrator of the Company will have knowledge of Your password. It is important for You to protect against unauthorized access to Your Application and Smartphone. Be sure to log off from the Your Account when finished. We do not undertake any liability for any unauthorised use of Your Account and password. If You suspect any unauthorized use of Your Account, You must immediately notify Us by contacting our Service support centre or dealership from where You purchased Your Vehicle. You shall be liable to indemnify Us due to any loss suffered by Us due to such unauthorized use of Your Account or password.
7.2 Further, We shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond Our reasonable control including but not limited to acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, poor quality of Internet service or telephone service of the user, etc.
Retention of Information
7.3 We will also put in place measures such that Your Personal Information, which is in Our possession or under Our control, is destroyed and/or anonymized as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the Purpose for which that Personal Information was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such Personal Information; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other reason including applicable law.
7.4 If You wish that We no longer use Your Personal Information to provide You Services, contact our Service support centre or the dealership from where You purchased Your Vehicle.
7.5 If You wish to delete Your Account, and thereby discontinue using Our Services, You may do so at any time, in accordance with Our Terms of Service.
7.6 We, however, reserve the right to retain, store and use Your Information including Personal Information or content for Our business purposes, whether such Information or Your Account has been deleted or not. After a period of time, Your data may be anonymized and aggregated, and then may be held by Us as long as necessary for Us to provide Our Services effectively.
7.7 Please note that Your withdrawal of consent or cancellation of Account may result in Us not being able to provide You with Our Services, or terminate any existing relationship that We may have with You. Please also note that uninstalling the Application will not result in termination of Your use of the Services.
9. Tracking Technologies
- We may utilize tracking technologies for the purpose of recording information including dates times and locations at which Our Application has been accessed. Our use of such tracking technologies allows Us to improve Our Application and Your experience by providing You with relevant information based on the above. Your disabling tracking technologies on Your Application by changing settings on Your Smartphone may result in Your not being able to use the Application fully or at all.
10.2 It is clarified that the privacy and security of data transmitted to and from the Vehicle cannot be guaranteed by Nissan.
- You agree and undertake to indemnify Us in any suit or dispute by any third party arising out of disclosure of Information by You to third parties either through Our Application or otherwise and Your use and access of websites, applications and resources of third parties. We assume no liability for any actions of third parties with regard to Your Information or Personal Information which You may have disclosed to such third parties.
13. Grievance contact information
In accordance with the IT Act and rules made there under, the name and contact details of thefor any Grievance, please contact